“The Tree that visited New York City for the holidays”, a short film released last November by Blue White Media, has been nominated for an Emmy Award and has received the prestigious Silver Telly...
Penn State announces gameday themes for 2018 football
UNIVERSITY PARK – Penn State Athletics announced game day themes for the 2018 football season. The nationally-recognized Penn State White Out is scheduled for the Ohio State game Sept. 29, while the Penn State Stripe Out returns for a fourth-straight season and takes place Oct. 13 vs. Michigan State.
2018 Penn State Football Game Themes:
Appalachian State, September 1: Youth Sports; Spirit Day for Youth Cheer & Dance
- The home opener against Appalachian State will be Youth Sports Day featuring ticket packages which include a pre-game youth basketball clinic for youth basketball teams or youth a football clinic for youth football teams. Spirit Day includes a pre-game cheer and dance clinic, as well as an opportunity for Cheer and Dance participants to perform during halftime. To join the interest list and for more information on Youth Sports Day, click here.
Kent State, September 15: Blue Band Jam; All-University Day; Community Heroes Recognition; Scout Jamboree
- The Penn State Blue Band and Penn State Athletics will host the Fifth Annual "Blue Band Jam" prior to the Kent State home game. A select number of high school bands will perform at the Bryce Jordan Center alongside the Blue Band prior to the game, the event is free and open to the public.
- The annual All-University Day promotion will include involvement of student representatives during halftime.
- Calling all Community Heroes – Police, Fire, and EMS Departments – you are eligible for a special ticket package. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY. To nominate a Community Hero to be recognized on-field during the game for their service, please click here.
- All Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts are invited to attend our annual Scout Celebration. Prior to the game, all Scouts are invited to attend the Nittany Jamboree at Medlar Field – a pre-game fair with Scout-related activities. Interested Troops and Packs can purchase special ticket packages at a reduced rate by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
- To join the interest list and for more information on Blue Band Jam and the Scout Jamboree, click here.
Ohio State, September 29: Penn State White Out
- All fans are encouraged to sport white attire to ensure a Penn State White Out for the clash with the Buckeyes.
- A Nittany Lion fan favorite, the 2018 Official Penn State White Out T-shirt was again a joint project between Penn State University and Nike. Nike's custom design features a one-of-a-kind photo concept that depicts the Penn State White Out inside the text on the front of the T-Shirt and bears the Stadium Cheer "We Are" on the back. This year's T-shirt is available now through the Penn State Bookstore as well as online via shop.GoPSUsports.com. The 2018 Penn State White Out T-shirt is available now and will be at the Stadium locations this weekend during the Blue-White Game.
Michigan State, October 13: Homecoming; Varsity ‘S’ Day; Penn State Stripe Out; Faculty & Staff Day; Celebrate Agriculture
- This year will be the Fourth Annual Stripe Out. Each section will be coordinated in either all blue or white clothing to create a stripe effect in Beaver Stadium. More info about the Stripe Out will be released this summer. The game will be a student section White Out.
- The Alumni Blue Band will be featured as they join the Blue Band performance at halftime of the Homecoming clash with Michigan State. The Homecoming court will parade onto the field and the 2018-19 King and Queen will be announced during halftime. The annual Homecoming Parade will be held on campus and downtown State College on Friday night, October 12.
- Penn State Faculty and Staff from across the state will be recognized throughout the game and are eligible to purchase a special ticket package. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
- The College of Agricultural Sciences will be celebrating the origins of Penn State as the Farmers High School of Pennsylvania by Celebrating Agriculture before and after the game.
Iowa, October 27: Military Appreciation Day; Seats for Servicemembers
- Penn State will honor the men and women who have bravely served our country by dedicating a game to them; appropriately on Veterans Day when the Nittany Lions take the field against Iowa. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets to be donated to military members and their families through the "Seats for Servicemembers" program. ROTC elite, active duty, Wounded Warriors, and Veterans, and military families will be honored during the game. The 2018 "Seats for Servicemembers" program has already produced nearly 2,000 purchased tickets by Penn State fans for active duty and veteran military personnel. To support the “Seats for Service members” program, call 1-800-NITTANY or click here.
Wisconsin, November 10: THON Day
- The Penn State student section ribbon will turn yellow to celebrate THON, the largest student-run philanthropy in the world.
- THON has raised more than $147,000,000 in its history to benefit the Four Diamonds Fund.
Maryland, November 24: Senior Day; Penn State Parents & Families Tailgate; Educator Appreciation
- The home schedule concludes with Senior Day in Beaver Stadium against the Terps. The Nittany Lion seniors will be introduced for the final time in front of the Beaver Stadium faithful.
- All Penn State parents and families are invited to Happy Valley to drop off their students after the Thanksgiving break and stay to attend the last home game of the year. All Penn State parents and families are eligible to purchase a special ticket package, which will include a pre-game tailgate inside Pegula Ice Arena. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
- Educators across the state are eligible for a discounted ticket package to attend the game. To nominate an Educator from your hometown to be recognized as an Educator of the Year this season, for their dedication and service to your local community and school district, please click here. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
Ah, the clichés are all finally out. “Fall in love.” “Pumpkin spice and everything nice,” “Fall for these deals”—you get the idea.
Nonetheless, the season of changing leaves, funky scarves...
Don’t you feel like construction and roadwork is happening everywhere these days? It feels as though not a day goes by without passing by a construction site or crew working on the side of the...
The Penn Stater’s home in Innovation Park makes it the perfect location for a business lunch (none of the hassle of downtown traffic or parking garages), slow Sunday brunches or a celebratory...