Your Guide to THON 2017
We're just hours away, Happy Valley! THON 2017 kicks off this Friday evening. Whether you're coming to town to support a dancer you know or cheering on THON from home, here's everything you need to know for the weekend.
Where: Bryce Jordan Center
Doors open: Friday, February 17 at 4 p.m.
THON starts: Friday, February 17 at 6 p.m.
THON ends: Sunday, February 19 at 4 p.m.
How to Attend
- General spectators can attend THON, and it is a non-ticketed event—just come prepared to wait!
- Spectators usually begin entering the BJC between 60 to 90 minutes after doors open.
- Spectators can enter through Gates A and B, and the line to enter will run down Curtin Road, toward Porter Road.
- Spectators will be given digitally-coded bracelets that permit them to enter. When the BJC is full, you will be placed in a digital queue.
- All spectators will be subject to a security check, including bag check.
- Once you've left the building, your bracelet is no longer valid, and you must get a new one if you reenter.
- THON will release updates on spectator capacity and digital queue numbers every hour at www.thon.org/TWupdates, and on Twitter at @EventSafety_FTK and @THON
How to Support from Home
There's plenty you can do to support THON if you won't be attending.
- Donate to THON here. You can make either a general donation or a donation that credits a specific organization or dancer.
- Follow @THON and other Penn State accounts on Twitter for live updates all weekend—it's the closest thing to feeling like you're there!
- Spread the word about THON and how to donate on your own social media and to your family and friends. THON is a team effort, and we're all in it together to fight childhood cancer!
For complete details about THON weekend, visit www.thon.org.
Ah, the clichés are all finally out. “Fall in love.” “Pumpkin spice and everything nice,” “Fall for these deals”—you get the idea.
Nonetheless, the season of changing leaves, funky scarves...
Don’t you feel like construction and roadwork is happening everywhere these days? It feels as though not a day goes by without passing by a construction site or crew working on the side of the...
The Penn Stater’s home in Innovation Park makes it the perfect location for a business lunch (none of the hassle of downtown traffic or parking garages), slow Sunday brunches or a celebratory...
Since 1931, The Nittany Lion Inn has defined Penn State luxury. It pairs nostalgia with world‑class amenities and dining to create a...
The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...