New RV Enhancements for Penn State Fans
Penn State's announced improvements to overnight RV parking for the 2017 football season! The changes come after a survey of fans who regularly park in the ORV area for Nittany Lion football games.
"We listened to our fans and took a hard look at the overall RV experience. First and foremost, we feel the changes we are implementing will dramatically improve the fan experience," said Deputy AD Phil Esten. "Additionally, these improvements are in line with national RV guidelines and regulations, allowing for better safety and security measures to be taken, starting this season."
One of the biggest changes to the fan RV-ing experience is the increase in size for the parking spots, as they gain a whole 10.5 feet, increasing from 18'x40' to 28.5'x40. Even though this reduces the number of RV spots that can be used, it should cut down on the chance of fire and exhaust impacting RVs in the vicinity, and make it easier for emergency personnel and equipment to come on the scene if needed. However, though RV spots will be lost in ORV, 80 new spaces will be availabe in the Blue RV preferred lot (though these will not be the expanded size).
Key Overall RV Parking Information
- Overnight RV pricing will remain the same as in 2016.
- Fans can make requests for season RV parking permits. All requests will be filled in Nittany Lion Club point total order.
- Single game ORV/RV parking will only be available if season RV parking is not sold out.
- Patrons will be able to purchase one season overnight RV permit per account.
- In anticipation of the Overnight RV lot being sold out on a season basis, fans will not be able to cash in a car pass or a reserved/preferred pass for the ORV lot as credit.
- Season ticket holders who have not already purchased season overnight RV parking, can submit their season request starting at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 6 at their account manager. (See below for more information).
- Fans parking in the ORV lots who require ADA assistance can call 1-800-NITTANY (weekdays 8 a.m-5 p.m.) for more information. ADA spaces are available, as in previous years.
Why Changes Are Being Made
- To improve the fan experience for season ticket holders and season permit holders in the RV lot with overnight accommodations (Yellow RV and Overnight RV):
- Serve those fans who purchase early with space in the primary lot
- Provide approximately 50 percent more space for each RV
- Add new roadways, with street names and space numbers
- Provide accountability by assigning a street "address" for each RV
- "Address" helps identify tailgate location for visitors
- Provide quicker access through a separate entrance for pre-paid ORV
RV Parking Permit Sale for Fans
- Season ticket holders who have not already purchased a season RV parking permit, can submit their season request starting at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 6. The RV sale will end at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14.
- All season ticket holders can make requests for RV parking permits. All requests will be filled in Nittany Lion Club point total order;
- The application will be in account manager, similar to process used for bowl games;
- The ticket office will collect payment information, but will not charge the credit card unless the patron is confirmed to receive RV parking.
Grange Fairgrounds Also Available for RV Patrons
- If the Overnight RV lot is sold out, RVs will be directed to Grange Fairgrounds:
- 1,500 RV spaces with water and electric hook-up;
- Shower houses;
- Home game week: $60 per night (Thursday-Saturday nights); $30 per night (Sunday-Wednesday nights). $40 per week to keep RV at Grange Fairgrounds in between home games. RVs must depart Grange by the day after the final home game.
- Approximately 14 miles from Beaver Stadium;
- Penn State operates a game shuttle service for an additional cost
Ah, the clichés are all finally out. “Fall in love.” “Pumpkin spice and everything nice,” “Fall for these deals”—you get the idea.
Nonetheless, the season of changing leaves, funky scarves...
Don’t you feel like construction and roadwork is happening everywhere these days? It feels as though not a day goes by without passing by a construction site or crew working on the side of the...
The Penn Stater’s home in Innovation Park makes it the perfect location for a business lunch (none of the hassle of downtown traffic or parking garages), slow Sunday brunches or a celebratory...
Since 1931, The Nittany Lion Inn has defined Penn State luxury. It pairs nostalgia with world‑class amenities and dining to create a...
The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...