Penn State Ranked No. 13 In Top College Town List
For decades, Penn State has gained a reputation around the country for its passionate fanbase and the impenetrable fortress in which they congregate on Saturdays. State College provides an atmosphere like no other, and according to Athlon Sports, the magic of State College is good for No. 13 in the country.
The site compiled a list of top college towns with the help of a noteworthy voting panel that included the likes of Yahoo's Pat Forde, Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman, and SI's Andy Staples among others.
The criteria for the vote was somewhat ambiguous, but those who've experienced the quintessential college town have an idea of what to expect: An attractive bar scene, inviting feel, passionate fanbase, and an overall unique culture that can't be found elsewhere. The voting panel had plenty of experience traveling the country to different college towns for various events, and that knowledge was used to form the list.
Though Happy Valley wasn't included in the top ten, it bested iconic programs like Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, and LSU. Now, if only the Lions can achieve similar results in the AP top-25 come football season...
- Recent TechCelerator Graduate Develops Technology to Improve Virus Detection
- People's Choice Bring their Hometown Feel to Festival Week
- Survey Says...We’ve Got the Most Livable Places in PA!
- Penn State Embraces New Approach to Entrepreneurship Student Initiatives Represent Tectonic Shift
- Six Reasons Happy Valley is a Start-up/Relocation Dream Spot