The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...
Blue-White Weekend Date Set with Parking Changes
Mark your calendars for April 22, 2017! That's the date that Penn State has set for Blue-White weekend, a date that has emerged as a harbinger of spring, an unofficial spring reunion, and the celebration of a new year of football."
This past year's Blue weekend included the Bryce Jordan Center hosting Luke Bryan and Bruce Springsteen concerts. The day after the spring football game, an estimated 3,000 participants in the Paterno Family Beaver Stadium Run raised more than $425,000 for Special Olympics Pennsylvania.
In addition to an estimated 65,000 fans attending the Blue-White football game, the Penn State softball program saw its first two sellouts at Beard Field (1,100+) and men’s lacrosse team broke its facility attendance record with a crowd of 2,708.
“Blue-White Weekend is a tremendous illustration of the Penn State community coming together all across campus,” said Director of Athletics Sandy Barbour. “Blue-White is a great example of Athletics serving as a conduit for our Penn State family connectedness.”
But all this togetherness comes at a cost... Penn State reports an excess of $500,000 to ensure an enjoyable, safe and successful game day. Facility preparations, security, traffic/parking, game day staffing and portable lighting and toilets are among the areas of greatest expense.
In light of this, here are the changes for the upcoming year:
Car Parking Change at 2017 Blue-White Game to Address Portion of Expenses; No Changes for Season Ticket Holders with Season Parking
- Season ticket holders – no charge. Their Blue-White Game parking will be in the preferred lots adjacent to the stadium. Season ticket holders with season car parking will receive a 2017 Blue-White parking permit when they receive their 2016 season tickets this summer.
- Season ticket holders with season overnight RV or season game day RV parking will receive a 2017 Blue-White game day RV parking permit this summer. For fans with an RV arriving on Friday, April 21, the overnight RV lot will remain $60 (cash only) for all fans for the Blue-White Game.
- All RVs will park in the overnight RV lot for the spring game.
- Fans arriving on game day for the 2017 Blue-White game who did not have a 2016 season car or RV parking permit will be charged $20 (cash only) for car parking in the Blue-White gameday car lots or $20 (cash only) for RV parking in the overnight RV lot. All RVs will park in the overnight RV lot for the spring game.
- Details on purchasing a Blue-White Game car or RV parking pass will be announced by January 31, 2017.
- Blue-White Game parking permits that are lost will not be replaced.
More information about the 2017 Blue-White Game will be distributed following the upcoming season.
Fans with questions about the parking changes for the 2017 Blue-White Game can call 1-800-NITTANY (weekdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer is meant to be spent outside. So, after a long day at work, why not meet up with friends for a drink or gather the family for a meal under the sun? Luckily, Happy Valley boasts a vast...
Summer is just around the corner, so make sure to work plenty of outside time into your plans! Here are a few of our favorite spots for fun in the sun in Happy Valley’s beautiful great outdoors....