It's almost time for the 52nd annual Festival of the Arts. From July 12-15, downtown State College will transform back into the festival that features some of our favorite...
Headed to ESPN's College Gameday? What you need to know
For the first time since 2009, ESPN's College GameDay will broadcast live from Penn State on Saturday, Oct. 21, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Several GameDay trucks rolled into Happy Valley Wednesday night and started to set up shop on the Old Main lawn where Rece Davis, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard and David Pollack will host the live show.
If you are hoping to get on the air, GoPSUsports.com has released a list of regulations for being in the GameDay pit, per ESPN and the university:
- Fans may begin lining up for access to the pit Saturday at 4 a.m. ET, with the pit being open at approximately 6:30 a.m. (no overnight camping)
- Fans entering the pit will be screened by security using metal detection wands
- No bags, backpacks or purses are permitted
- No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
- No signs or flags on a stick
- No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards
- No food or drinks
- Throwing of objects is prohibited
Several stores in downtown State College, such as Lions Pride and The Family Clothesline, are selling College GameDay shirts (in white, of course).
Coach James Franklin has encouraged all shops downtown to wear white all weekend to come together as a community. Franklin has also called for a Pennsylvania-wide whiteout.
Penn State will take on Michigan at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday and will air on ABC.
Since 1931, The Nittany Lion Inn has defined Penn State luxury. It pairs nostalgia with world‑class amenities and dining to create a...
The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...
Summer is meant to be spent outside. So, after a long day at work, why not meet up with friends for a drink or gather the family for a meal under the sun? Luckily, Happy Valley boasts a vast...
Summer is just around the corner, so make sure to work plenty of outside time into your plans! Here are a few of our favorite spots for fun in the sun in Happy Valley’s beautiful great outdoors....