State College's Top Seafood Spots for Lent
If you observe meatless Fridays for Lent, you may be needing some inspiration for where to grab some great seafood over the next 40 days. We've got you covered.
Here are our top pick spots, and a few of the best seafood dishes to get there. Even if you don't observe Lent, you'll want to try these anyway.
Photo: Gigi's Southern Table
Gigi's Southern Table *Our Top Pick!
- Fried oyster po boy
- Cajun catfish tacos
- Fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, catfish and hushpuppies
- Nittany Lion Inn lobster bisque (a MUST-have!)
- Fish and chips made with local trout
- Signature lump crab cakes
- Creole Crab Dip
- Baja tacos with grilled Pacific Mahi Mahi
- Salmon BLT
- Wild Alaska sockeye salmon — served grilled, sesame crusted, or crab stuffed
- Parmesan-asiago crusted halibut cheeks
- Lobster ravioli
- Jumbo lump crab balls
- White wine garlic mussels
- Shrimp, tomato & pesto flatbread
- Seafood chowder
- Shrimp and grits
- Pan-seared red snapper with leek fondue
Ah, the clichés are all finally out. “Fall in love.” “Pumpkin spice and everything nice,” “Fall for these deals”—you get the idea.
Nonetheless, the season of changing leaves, funky scarves...
Don’t you feel like construction and roadwork is happening everywhere these days? It feels as though not a day goes by without passing by a construction site or crew working on the side of the...
The Penn Stater’s home in Innovation Park makes it the perfect location for a business lunch (none of the hassle of downtown traffic or parking garages), slow Sunday brunches or a celebratory...
Since 1931, The Nittany Lion Inn has defined Penn State luxury. It pairs nostalgia with world‑class amenities and dining to create a...
The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...