Spikes Announce 2017 Giveaways
From a bobblehead honoring a Keystone State football hero to the chance to drive off in a KIA, State College Spikes fans have another long list of giveaway nights to look forward in 2017. A total of 14 different giveaways highlight the slate this summer at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park, starting with Opening Night, presented by PSECU and NEWSRADIO 1390 WRSC, on Monday, June 19.
The tradition of fan favorite bobbleheads will continue at the regular season home finale on Thursday, September 7, when the first 1,000 fans will receive a Jesse James Bobblehead, presented by The Nittany Lion Inn & The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel and ESPN Radio 1450. “The Outlaw” went from catching passes in Happy Valley to catching touchdowns from “Big Ben” in the Steel City, and his bobblehead will honor both sides of his PA football heritage.
Fans can also look forward to the return of Fan Appreciation Night featuring LuCKy’S KIA Giveaway, presented by Lion Country Kia, on Sunday, September 3. One “LuCKy” fan will be guaranteed to drive away from the ballpark in their own KIA, with several other giveaways also slated for the final Sunday home game of the regular season.
The fun includes a pair of giveaways honoring the Spikes’ 2016 New York-Penn League championship. 2016 NYPL Championship Replica Rings, presented by First National Bank, will go to the first 500 fans of all ages before the Spikes’ 7:05 p.m. game on Friday, June 23.
The following Friday, June 30, will feature the opportunity to swaddle in success with a 2016 NYPL Championship Fleece Blanket, presented by the Pregnancy Resource Clinic, going to the first 1,000 fans on Bellies & Baseball Night.
Spikes fans can also show their true colors with a trio of hat giveaways this summer. A Spikes Blue & White Hat, presented by McClure Company, will go to the first 1,000 fans of all ages on Friday, August 11, which is also Penns Valley Community Night.
In addition, the first 1,000 fans through the gates on Sunday, August 13 will receive a Spikes Red & White Hat, presented by Northwest, on the same evening as Bellefonte Community Night. A Spikes Purple & Black Hat, presented by ServiceMaster by Holobinko & Merry Maids, will round out the hat giveaways on Saturday, August 26, which is also Mifflin & Juniata County Night.
Plus, fans will be able to pick a side in the battle for the best hot dog topping as part of the National Hot Dog Day Celebration featuring a Salute to the Ballpark Frank on Sunday, July 23. The first 1,000 fans through the gates before the 6:05 p.m. game can pick up a T-shirt of their choice, presented by Penn State Health, proclaiming them part of either #TeamKetchup or #TeamMustard.
More giveaway highlights include:
- A 2017 Schedule Magnet Giveaway, presented by PSECU to the first 2,500 fans at Opening Night on Monday, June 19
- dippin’ dots Ice Cream for the first 500 kids 12 & under, presented by Boyles Insurance as part of Youth Baseball Night on Saturday, July 1
- Patrotic Dog Bandanas for the first 250 dogs, presented by Metzger Animal Hospital, before the 6:05 p.m. Bark in the Park II game on Sunday, July 2.
- A Pink Team Poster, presented by Mount Nittany Health to the first 1,000 fans at Paint the Park Pink Night on Sunday, July 30.
- Purple Diamond Earrings from Confer’s Jewelers for one lucky fan, presented by Home Instead Senior Care & Juniper Village at Brookline, at Ladies Night & Paint the Park Purple Night on Thursday, August 10
- A Myrtle Beach Trip Giveaway for one lucky fan 18 & over on Saturday, August 12, presented by VisitMyrtleBeach.com.
Single-game tickets for these giveaway nights, as well as all 38 games on the Spikes’ 2017 home schedule, will go on sale Thursday, April 20 at 9 a.m. Tickets can be purchased online at StateCollegeSpikes.com, by phone at (814) 272-1711, or in person at Medlar Field at Lubrano Park.
Season Ticket memberships, Flex Books and an array of group hospitality options for the 2017 season are currently on sale by calling the Spikes at (814) 272-1711. Additional information on all club ticketing options, as well as team news and 2017 schedule information, is available at StateCollegeSpikes.com.