Don’t you feel like construction and roadwork is happening everywhere these days? It feels as though not a day goes by without passing by a construction site or crew working on the side of the...
Homecoming 2017: Your bucket list
The “Official” Homecoming Bucket List
(Editor’s note: Here are some suggestions for those of you headed back to Happy Valley for Homecoming):
- Visit your old dorm
- Take an updated photo at the Lion Shrine
- Enjoy some ice cream at the Student-Alumni Ice Cream Social at the Hintz Alumni Center
- Sit on Old Main Lawn
- Watch the Homecoming parade
- Take a walk down Beaver and College Avenues to see what’s new (and what’s stayed the same!)
- Eat dinner at your favorite State College restaurant
- Get a drink at your favorite downtown bar
- Tailgate at Beaver Stadium
- Enter the Homecoming Tailgate Competition
- Start a “We Are” chant
- Watch the Nittany Lions (7-2) take on Rutgers (4-5) in the Homecoming game
- Grab ice cream at the Berkey Creamery
- See the fall scenery at the Arboretum
- Get some grilled stickies to take home
Did we miss something? Let us know on social media (@happyvalleypsu).
The Penn Stater’s home in Innovation Park makes it the perfect location for a business lunch (none of the hassle of downtown traffic or parking garages), slow Sunday brunches or a celebratory...
For Veronica Swift, jazz music was both a way of life and a birthright. She didn't casually become interested in the genre, rather she was born into it thanks to her world-renowned jazz musician...
Since 1931, The Nittany Lion Inn has defined Penn State luxury. It pairs nostalgia with world‑class amenities and dining to create a...
The Center for the Performing Arts at Penn State has finalized its 2018–19 performance schedule, and it’s packed with acclaimed Broadway hits, performances from dance troupes with a message,...
Summer is meant to be spent outside. So, after a long day at work, why not meet up with friends for a drink or gather the family for a meal under the sun? Luckily, Happy Valley boasts a vast...