Expansion and Opportunity: Innovation Park at Penn State
UNIVERSITY PARK – Innovation Park at Penn State is where happy collisions happen.
On a typical day it’s difficult not to encounter someone or something that can improve your business, your employees or your resume. The park is home to early-stage entrepreneurs and established businesses alike, and makes an impact with on-site resources, a network of mentors and programs and events designed to connect people and businesses both professionally and personally.
The atmosphere in the park promotes idea-sharing, according to tenants. “The greatest benefit of our location in Innovation Park,” one tenant said, “is the crosspollination that goes on. We can inspire and help each other, and we do. We get together for lunches and offer one another advice.”
A highlight for businesses and employees alike is the coolBLUE community, a park-led initiative that plans and manages employee engagement activities such as book clubs, walking and running groups, unique museum and PSU facilities tours, outdoor picnics and more, all in an effort to create a positive work environment and facilitate connections among park residents. The program is often cited as a top employee retention tool when businesses renew their space in the park. Businesses love that Innovation Park is home to the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, making it ideal for companies welcoming guests and business travelers, hosting events and conferences, and seeking nearby dining options for meetings and networking. “Innovation Park has everything we need to continue to grow our business,” according to a long-time tenant. “Our sales team loves that it’s near the airport and just off I-99 for easy travel, and our team enjoys taking part in coolBlue activities. It’s like working in a neighborhood, not a research park. And I love that I have easy access to resources like Penn State Research and Ben Franklin Technology Partners.” For more information on leasing space in the park, contact Tom MacDonald at 412-434-1082 or at email@example.com.
The newest buildings, at 310 and 331 Innovation Boulevard, were recently added and are still leasing space.
• 310 Innovation Boulevard, a brand new flex-building that will be used for research, development, light manufacturing and office space, is the future home of the Carbon Science Center of Excellence and Morgan Advanced Materials. The corporation is a UK-based global leader in engineered carbon and ceramic materials; but there is still room available.
• 331 Innovation Boulevard has limited availability for Class A office and research space, and boasts a gorgeous view of Beaver Stadium on one side and green rolling hills on the other.
Another component of the park’s popularity are perks and benefits that tenants can offer employees.
• Daybridge Child Development Center, one of the top rated childcare facilities in the area, is located in the park—a huge plus for working parents. It is a convenient option for all daycare needs, and caters to children from six-weeks to 12-years old, both full-time and part-time.
• Walking paths circle the park and connect it to campus downtown, offering runners and bikers an opportunity for lunch-hour fitness, or make it a great spot for commuters. CATA bus service also runs every 15 minutes.
• Food trucks make regular stops at Innovation Park, offering unique lunches made from local ingredients.
To read the entire Journeys Magzine, visit: www.innovationpark.psu.edu/index.php/journeys-main/latest-edition