• Monday - Welcome • Tuesday - Welcome • Thursday - Farms, Forks, and Feathers •
• Thursday - Coffee, Caves, and Cupcakes • Thursday - Farewell • Friday - Farewell •
Lake Raystown Resort
DMO reservations call Resort directly at 814-658-3500 - Room block: “MATPRA”
Writer reservations call HCVB Liza Gutshall at 888-729-7869
Standard Room: $79 lower floor (HCVB will cover writer rooms)
Adirondack Room: $105 (HCVB will cover writer rooms)
Dinner Cruise aboard the Proud Mary Showboat
Check out of Lake Raystown Resort
Meet at Raystown Lake Visitor Center
(transportation on your own)
10:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Choose from the following (no gear necessary, may choose multiple options):
• Mountain Bikes and helmets available from Rothrock Outfitters for use on Raystown Mountain Bike Skills Park and/or Allegrippis Trails
• Play disc golf on the 9-basket recreational course or the 18-basket championship course
• Walk the 2-mile Greenside Pathway paved with recycled tires
• Tour Raystown Lake by high-speed pontoon boat with Seven Points Marina staff
• Kayaks and Stand-Up Paddleboards available from Rothrock Outfitters Raystown Rentals
• Guided tour of PA Striped Bass Association hatchery
• Shoreline fishing rods provided by PA Fish & Boat Commission (valid PA fishing license required https://huntfish.pa.gov/)
Lunch, Sunset Golf Club
Depart for State College
Travel to JB Tree Farm
JB Tree Farm's Fall Frenzy Days
Frolic through the corn maze and harvest playground then pick your pumpkins and snap selfies with all the photo opps at JB Tree Farm’s Fall Frenzy Days. Feed the goats, hop on a hayride and explore their Christmastime gift shop to top off what hundreds of families hold close to their hearts for a fun Fall tradition.
10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Shaver's Creek Environmental Center
Enjoy a scenic rural ride deep into the woods to the beautiful Shaver’s Creek Environmental Center. Here you will get up close and personal with their Klingsberg Aviary residents and celebrate the natural world with Penn State students who care for these important native raptors, reptiles and amphibians.
12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
Lunch at Lakevue Farms
Nearby Lakevue Farms will cook up a delicious farm-to-table meal where you’ll taste the locally sourced goodness in every bite.
Return to Happy Valley OR Start Farewell FAMs
Travel to the Raystown Lake Region
Lincoln Caverns and Whispering Rocks
Go deep underground with a tour of Lincoln Caverns and Whisper Rocks with interpretive tours of two spectacular crystal caverns
11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Standing Stone Coffee Company
Take a deep dive into the world of coffee with an expert coffee cupping demonstration and delectable lunch by Standing Stone Coffee Company. Enjoy the atmosphere of the quaint cafe with walls full of local art or compliment your meal in the fresh air courtyard.
12:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
Finish off the tour with a visit to Sweethearts Confectionery, where you’ll pick out your favorite delicious, one-of-a-kind cupcakes.
Return to Happy Valley OR Start Farewell FAMs
Not ready to leave your friends at MATPRA? Travel back in transportation time in the Raystown Lake Region with this farewell FAM tour, which is open to both travel writers and DMO participants. On this FAM, you’ll get to experience historic automobiles at the Swigart Automobile Museum, which holds the distinction as the oldest such museum in America! Stay in the historic yet modern Gage Mansion Bed & Breakfast. Then participate in a progressive dinner walk tasting your way around the unique restaurants of Downtown Huntingdon.
After breakfast provided by the lodging properties, travel through Pennsylvania’s deepest Gorge - Jack’s Narrows on your way to Rockhill, PA. Since the 1960s, the Rockhill Trolley Museum has been acquiring, preserving and operating historic trolley cars and light rail vehicles from around the world. During the experience you’ll get to ride, and maybe try your hand at operating a historic trolley. After lunch at local favorite cafe, Jenkie’s Joint, you’ll continue your time travel by visiting the East Broad Top Railroad for a shop and roundhouse tour and excursion along the 4-mile narrow-gauge rails.
Golf, Driving Range or Disc Golf at Sunset Golf Club
(For those remaining after Farms, Forks & Feathers or Coffee, Caves & Cupcakes)
Check-in to hotels
• Gage Mansion B&B reserved for writers - contact Liza Gutshall at 888-729-7869
• Comfort Inn “MATPRA” room block $80.75/night - contact hotel at 814-643-1600
Downtown Huntingdon Progressive Dinner
• Three Twelve Kitchen & Cocktails
• Boxer’s Cafe
• Muddy Run Tavern
• Wildflower Cafe
• Stone Town Tavern
Swigart Automobile Museum
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Jack’s Narrows Folklore
Lunch by Jenkie’s Joint
Tour and Ride Rockhill Trolley Museum
Shop Tour, East Broad Top Railroad
Train ride to Colgate Grove and back