The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau
State College, Pennsylvania Area
The Bureau has an immediate opening for a seasoned hospitality professional with outstanding sales skills and an independent nature. Representing all of Centre County, this individual will be immediately tasked with securing sporting events (all levels) for the area impacting member hotels and assisting with the launch of a new brand position, a new name, and spearheading an all new sales effort into key markets. If you enjoy “start-up or repositioning” scenarios, you will blossom in Happy Valley!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make monthly, quarterly, and annual booking goals as assigned by the Vice President.
- Prospect and solicit opportunities in assigned market(s) being flexible and adjusting to any necessary re-deployment.
- Nurture relationships with current clients and secure new accounts that have not utilized State College area product.
- Focus on securing large multi-property events that have significant economic impact on the region.
- Secondarily, work with key planners soliciting RFP’s for other smaller events and distributing them to appropriate area properties.
- Provides Vice President with quarterly Plans & Actions outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics in achieving goal.
- Completely embrace and utilize all technology available in order to fully maximize resources. Includes but not limited to Simpleview or comparable CRMs, Knowland, etc.
- Meet monthly goal of personal and telephone sales contacts to meeting planners in existing and new markets.
- Works closely with key market advocates within the local hotel market, especially sales personnel at the properties in State College and nearby.
- Plans and coordinates direct sales calls, sales blitzes, fam tours, site inspections and trade marketplaces as assigned.
- Keeps accurate and up to date files on all groups that have or may utilize the area’s facilities.
- Provides monthly sales information to Vice President of Sales & Marketing for inclusion in departments various sales activity reports.
- Maintains and updates facility inventory and key events calendar.
- Maintains a cohesive working relationship with all other Bureau personnel to ensure a unified and effective promotional effort.
- Maintains local involvement, as necessary with organizations important to the Bureau and/or assigned markets.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as deemed necessary.
- Must be available for overnight travel as deemed necessary; must be able to socialize and network as position demands.
- This role is based in State College, Pa.
- Start date January, 2020
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and a minimum of 5 years in the DMO, Resort, or Full Service Hotel environment as an accomplished sales person.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, databases, and web searches.
- Experience in entering and receiving leads in an electronic format.
- Experience with Sports Market and major sports events, tournaments.
- Knowledge of Centre County a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and transport CPCVB equipment and materials for use in programs.
- Must have valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and auto insurance.
The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau is a 501-C6 nonprofit, membership-based organization committed to the fundamental principal that conventions and visitors can be more effectively attracted to our area through "coordinated group action" rather than independent action. The bureau's mission is to develop, promote, and engage in travel related activities and coordinate visitor services designed to enhance the economic activity and quality of life within the county and thereby contribute to the commonwealth.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Daveg@visitpennstate.org