PSU Football Announces 2017 Game Themes
Photo: PSU Athletics/Curtis Chan
Penn State Athletics announced game day themes for the 2017 football season. The nationally-recognized Penn State White Out is scheduled for the Michigan game Oct. 21, while the Penn State Stripe Out returns for a third-straight season and takes place Nov. 18 vs. Nebraska.
2017 Penn State Football Game Themes:
Akron, September 2: Youth Sports; Spirit Day for Youth Cheer & Dance
- The home opener against Akron will be Youth Sports Day featuring ticket packages which include a pre-game youth basketball clinic for youth basketball teams or youth a football clinic for youth football teams. Spirit Day includes a pre-game cheer and dance clinic, as well as an opportunity for Cheer and Dance participants to perform during halftime.
Pittsburgh, September 9: Keystone Classic Presented by Peoples Natural Gas; “2016” Suite Unveiling; 1982 Team Presentation
- Penn State will honor the 2016 Big Ten Championship team with the unveiling of ‘2016’ on the Beaver Stadium suites pre-game.
- The 1982 National Championship team will be honored at Halftime when the Penn State Nittany Lions take on the Pittsburgh Panthers in the Keystone Classic presented by Peoples Natural Gas.
Georgia State, September 16: Blue Band Jam; All-University Day; Community Heroes Recoginition; Scout Celebration
- The Penn State Blue Band and Penn State Athletics will host the Fourth Annual "Blue Band Jam" prior to the Georgia State home game. A select number of high school bands will perform at the Bryce Jordan Center alongside the Blue Band prior to the game, the event is free and open to the public.
- The annual All-University Day promotion will include involvement of student representatives during halftime.
- Calling all Community Heroes – Police, Fire, and EMS Departments – you are eligible for a special ticket package. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY. To nominate a Community Hero to be recognized on-field during the game for their service, please click HERE.
- All Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, and Girl Scouts are invited to attend our annual Scout Celebration. Prior to the game, all Scouts are invited to attend the Nittany Jamboree at Medlar Field – a pre-game fair with Scout-related activities. Interested Troops and Packs can purchase special ticket packages at a reduced rate by calling 1-800-NITTANY.
Indiana, September 30: Faculty & Staff Day; Celebrate Agriculture
- Penn State Faculty and Staff from across the state will be recognized throughout the game and are eligible to purchase a special ticket package. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
- The College of Agricultural Sciences will be celebrating the origins of Penn State as the Farmers High School of Pennsylvania by Celebrating Agriculture before and after the game.
Michigan, October 21: Penn State White Out
- All fans are encouraged to sport white attire to ensure a Penn State White Out for the clash with the Wolverines.
- The Penn State White Out tee will be available for Penn State fans to purchase starting June 1 at the Penn State Bookstore and other outlets. The 2017 Penn State White Out T-Shirt celebrates the "Avalanche of Sound" that emerges from Beaver Stadium in the fall. The short-sleeved cotton tee features a center chest graphic with a Nike Swoosh trademark on the left lapel.
Rutgers, November 11: Homecoming; Military Appreciation Day; Seats for Servicemembers
- The Alumni Blue Band will be featured as they join the Blue Band performance at halftime of the Homecoming clash with Rutgers. The Homecoming court will parade onto the field and the 2017-18 King and Queen will be announced during halftime. The annual Homecoming Parade will be held on campus and downtown State College on Friday night, November 10.
- Penn State will honor the men and women who have bravely served our country by dedicating a game to them; appropriately on Veterans Day when the Nittany Lions take the field against Rutgers. Fans are encouraged to purchase tickets to be donated to military members and their families through the "Seats for Servicemembers" program. ROTC elite, active duty, Wounded Warriors, and Veterans, and military families will be honored during the game. The 2017 "Seats for Servicemembers" program has already produced nearly 2,000 purchased tickets by Penn State fans for active duty and veteran military personnel. To support the “Seats for Service members” program, call 1-800-NITTANY or click HERE.
Nebraska, November 18: Senior Day; Penn State Stripe Out; Penn State Parents & Families Tailgate; Educator Appreciation
- The home schedule concludes with Senior Day in Beaver Stadium against the Cornhuskers. The Nittany Lion seniors will be introduced for the final time in front of the Beaver Stadium faithful.
- This year will be the Third Annual Stripe Out. Each section will be coordinated in either all blue or white clothing to create a stripe effect in Beaver Stadium. More info about the Stripe Out will be released this summer. The game will be a student section White Out.
- All Penn State parents and families are invited to Happy Valley to pick up their students before the Thanksgiving break, but stay the weekend and attend the last home game of the year. All Penn State parents and families are eligible to purchase a special ticket package, which will include a pre-game tailgate inside Pegula Ice Arena. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
- Educators across the state are eligible for a discounted ticket package to attend the game. To nominate an Educator from your hometown to be recognized as an Educator of the Year this season, for their dedication and service to your local community and school district, please click HERE. For more information, call 1-800-NITTANY.
Nearly 6,000 new season tickets have been sold for the 2017 campaign. For information on joining the Nittany Lion Club and purchasing new 2017 season tickets, as well as club seating in Beaver Stadium, fans can visit www.PSUnrivaled.com, call 1-800-NITTANY weekdays from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. or visit the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office weekdays from 10 a.m-6 p.m.