5 Things Every Penn State Fan Should Do before the Rose Bowl
The Nittany Lions will be facing off in "The Granddaddy of Them All," the 2017 Rose Bowl on January 2 at 1:30 p.m. Unfortunately for us keyed up Penn State fans, that means we have a few weeks to wait. But there's plenty to be done in preparation between now and then.
Here are the five things you should do before the big day instead of twiddling your thumbs.
1. Stock up on Penn State gear
This is an essential part of bowl game prep. Whether you want some Rose Bowl or Big Ten Champions apparel, or just classic Penn State items, make sure you have all you need to rep your team proudly. Here are a few places to grab Big Ten Champions/Rose Bowl gear:
2. Plan your Rose Bowl viewing party
Whether you’re hosting or attending, make plans to watch the game with fellow Penn State fans. It’s a lot more enjoyable when you can cheer and shout (and sometimes stress) with a group of people, and the company will make the win feel that much sweeter.
If you are hosting a party, we strongly suggest going the extra mile with some Penn State themed party accessories and foods. Who says Super Bowl parties are the only ones you can go all out for?
3. Relive the season
You’ll want to hype yourself up for the game as much as possible, and luckily this season has given us plenty of material for that. Watch the highlights of each game here, our Beaver Stadium hype video here, and the play of the year video at least another ten times. You can also look at all the stunning shots from the season in our photo gallery. And last but not least, make sure you read up to remember what this season means for Penn State.
4. Talk about the Nittany Lions to anyone who will listen
One of the most important things to do before the Rose Bowl is the easiest: be loud and proud about your Nittany Lions. Let your friends, family, coworkers and everybody else know how proud you are to be a Penn State fan. You’ve supported them through good times and bad, and now you get to celebrate the best of the best. So hype up Rose Bowl as much as possible and let the world know who We Are.
5. Book your trip
Chances are you know by now if you’re planning on making the trek to California. If not, you still have some time between now and January 2. For game tickets, the timeline for sales is as follows:
- General Public – Sale begins Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 11 a.m. EST (8 a.m. PST) on ticketmaster.com
- Nittany Lion Club Members – Online pre-sale began Sunday, Dec. 4. Members can request tickets at GoPSUsports.com/myticketportal
- Alumni Association Members – Online pre-sale begins Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 8 a.m. Members can request tickets at GoPSUsports.com/bowlcentral
- Student Nittany Lion Club – Online pre-sale begins Friday, Dec. 9 at 7 a.m. Members can request tickets through the Student Account Manager at GoPSUsports.com/myticketportal
- Penn State Students – In-person sale begins Saturday, Dec. 10 at 8 a.m. at the Bryce Jordan Center ticket office.
For official Bowl Tour package options, visit www.primesport.com/pennstate.