TechCelerator: By the Numbers
UNIVERSITY PARK – The TechCelerator @ State College provides boot camp participants with up to $1,000 toward startup costs plus the chance to pitch their business idea to a panel of entrepreneurs at the completion of the course.
On Tuesday night, Wear IT Together, a biometric monitor focused on the addiction market, took home the $10,000 award, beating out four other competing teams.
TechCelerator @ State College has been around for five years. What it has done during that time is nothing short of astounding.
Here’s a breakdown of TechCelerator’s numbers:
- In five years, there have been 13 classes and 73 teams have graduated
- A total of $26 million in start-up funding
- A total of $7.8 million in revenue
- There have been 12 incubator tenants
- 149 full or part-time employees
- 42 of 73 based on Penn State technology
- Ben Franklin has awarded $2.6 million to 15 start-ups
For more information, visit www.techceleratorstatecollege.org.