State College's Top Seafood Spots for Lent
If you observe meatless Fridays for Lent, you may be needing some inspiration for where to grab some great seafood over the next 40 days. We've got you covered.
Here are our top pick spots, and a few of the best seafood dishes to get there. Even if you don't observe Lent, you'll want to try these anyway.
Photo: Gigi's Southern Table
Gigi's Southern Table *Our Top Pick!
- Fried oyster po boy
- Cajun catfish tacos
- Fried seafood platter with oysters, shrimp, catfish and hushpuppies
- Nittany Lion Inn lobster bisque (a MUST-have!)
- Fish and chips made with local trout
- Signature lump crab cakes
- Creole Crab Dip
- Baja tacos with grilled Pacific Mahi Mahi
- Salmon BLT
- Wild Alaska sockeye salmon — served grilled, sesame crusted, or crab stuffed
- Parmesan-asiago crusted halibut cheeks
- Lobster ravioli
- Jumbo lump crab balls
- White wine garlic mussels
- Shrimp, tomato & pesto flatbread
- Seafood chowder
- Shrimp and grits
- Pan-seared red snapper with leek fondue